Wayne Rice has been involved in ministry (mostly youth ministry) for almost 50 years. He is currently Pastor to Generations at a church in San Diego and doing some writing, speaking, consulting, broadcasting and banjo picking. He is a bluegrass music nut. He also loves being a husband, father and grandpa. Here are the details:
- Married to Marci for 48 years!
- Blessed with three kids and (so far) five grandkids who are a joy!
- Co-founded an organization called Youth Specialties, still going strong (now owned by YouthWorks).
- Founded another organization called Understanding Your Teenager, which is now part of HomeWord.
- Wrote a bunch of books (last count, about 30). Some of them are still in print.
- Played in a semi-successful country-bluegrass band called Brush Arbor back in the 70′s (even played a few shows with Johnny Cash!)
- Has hosted a bluegrass music radio program in San Diego for 35 years–the longest running radio program in San Diego history. You can hear it Sunday nights on KSON-FM.
- Has a bluegrass band in San Diego called Lighthouse and another called Grassology.
- Is Pastor to Generations at College Avenue Baptist Church in San Diego, working mostly with families.