- From Ashland, Kentucky.
- Formed in 2008 by Jack Hicks (banjo), John Rigsby (fiddle/mandolin), Bo Isaac (guitar) and Randy Thomas (bass). Hicks and Rigsby had been working together with Melvin Goins and Windy Mountain. Isaac and Thomas were previously in a band together called Bo Isaac and the Wheelrights.
- The band was named after the song “Summertime Road” recorded by Marty Raybon.
- 2010, released first album Summertown Road (Rounder).
- Bandleader Jack Hicks played with Bill Monroe from 1971 to 1973. Has also worked with The Whites, Jim and Jesse, Lester Flatt, Sonny James and Conway Twitty.
- 2010, fiddle/mandolin player Rigsby was replaced by Zach Rambo, then by Steve Thomas.
- 2011, disbanded with several members forming Bo Isaacs and the Rounders.