THE FORBES FAMILY
- From Littlestown, Pennsylvania (near Gettysburg). They have also lived in Greenville, Tennessee and Mt. Airy, North Carolina.
- A family gospel group consisting of four brothers and sisters: Homer Forbes (banjo), Jay Forbes (mandolin), Lisa Forbes Roberts (vocals), Lori Forbes Slate (bass). They grew up singing at the Free Will Baptist Church in Littlestown, Pennsylvania.
- 1982, recorded their debut album “I Am Looking For that City” (Lifeline).
- 1983, released “Gleams of that Golden Morning” album (Rebel).
- 1985, released “I Am a Pilgrim” album (Rebel).
- 1986, released “Outside the Gate” album with David Marshall of the Marshall Family (Rebel).
- 1988, released “Farewell” album and disbanded so that they could raise their families.
- 1993, began performing again.
- 1995, released I’ll Look to Him album and showcased at IBMA in Owensboro, Kentucky. Ron Block (of Alison Krauss and Union Station) heard them and was so impressed he produced their next album.
- 1996, released In the Shadow of Your Wings (Rebel Records), produced by Ron Block.
- Best of Early Forbes Family (Rebel Records) Selections from their early albums.